BOMA International is a primary source of information on office building development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics and technological developments.
Throughout BOMA International's 100-year history, its goal has always focused on actively and responsibly representing and promoting the interests of the commercial real estate industry through effective leadership and advocacy, through the collection, analysis and dissemination of information, and through professional development.
WHO ARE BOMA'S MEMBERS?
BOMA International's members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, medical office building managers, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties.
Collectively, BOMA members own or manage more than nine billion square feet of office space, which represents more than 80 percent of the prime office space in North America!
More than 80 percent of individual members have annual operating budgets exceeding $1 million, while more than 75 percent of individual members are responsible for multiple buildings.
WHAT DOES BOMA INTERNATIONAL DO?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues, including electricity deregulation, capital gains tax relief, telecommunications, indoor air quality, private property rights, risk assessment, and codes and standards.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International.
- Publishes research documents and "how-to" guidebooks, including:
-Standard Method for Measuring Floor Area in Office Buildings (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1
-The Experience Exchange Report - the industry benchmark for 75+ years! - a compilation of income and expense data for office buildings across North America;
-The Real Estate Professional's Guide to the Design-Build Process
-The Real Estate Professional's Guide to Emergency Preparedness
-The Real Estate Professional's Guide to the ANSI/IWA I-14.1 Window Cleaning Safety Standard
- Hosts the North American Real Estate Congress and The Office Building Show every June; conducts seminars on topics including office marketing and leasing, asset management, technology, and security and emergency preparedness planning. In January, BOMA International sponsors a Winter Business Meeting and biannually hosts the National Issues Conference.
- Presents The Office Building of the Year (TOBY) and Earth Awards, the most prestigious and coveted awards in the commercial real estate industry. The TOBY honors buildings demonstrating excellence in building management, operational efficiency, tenant retention, emergency planning and community impact; the Earth Award honors environmentally-friendly buildings.
The mission of the Building Owners and Managers Association International is to enhance the human, intellectual and physical assets of the commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information.