Government Relations Committee
Donald S. Haas, RPA, FMA, SMA, Co-Chair
Richard McClure, Co-Chair
Reviews, plans, monitors, and recommends advocacy strategies on legislative and regulatory matters of a state and local government nature that impact the commercial real estate industry.
- Generates support from members, related groups and civic and governmental leaders to support or oppose issues or legislation.
- Pursues representation at City Council meetings when necessary.
- Visits with legislators and public officials to become better acquainted and to discuss problems affecting the industry.
- Arranges for research and, where appropriate, publication and distribution of data and information to support BOMA’s position on issues.
- Encourages members to inform employees on issues and legislation.