SYSTEM MAINTENANCE ADMINISTRATOR (SMA) DESIGNATION
The SMA and SMT programs offer two levels of proficiency for career development. The first five courses detail specific operating systems and make up the SMT program. To earn the SMT designation, students must successfully complete the following five mandatory courses:
- Refrigeration Systems and Accessories
- Air Handling, Water Treatment and Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems and Illumination
- Boilers, Heating Systems, and Applied Mathematics
- Energy Management and Controls
Three additional courses round out the program by addressing the broad issues of concern to systems administrators. Added to the five above (SMT program), these three courses will earn you the SMA designation:
- Managing the Organization
- Building Design and Maintenance
- Environmental Health and Safety Issues
For additional information and requirements visit BOMI's SMA Designation or SMT Designation page.
If you are an SMA/SMT student looking for a specific course to be offered locally, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request.